Mix and Match Limited-Time Menu Highlights Global, Ethnic Flavors
ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 1, 2016 – Hard Rock Cafe JAKARTA is serving up a new menu that embraces the hottest ethnic street flavors. Beginning Wednesday, August 3, 2016, the Smoke, Fire & Spice limited-time menu will be available at participating Hard Rock Cafe franchise locations across the globe. The new menu draws inspiration from the spices, seasonings and sauces of popular street foods found around the world including Asia, Africa and Latin America.
“A big food trend this year is getting creative with robust, ethnic ingredients from places like Africa and East Asia, and Hard Rock’s Smoke, Fire & Spice menu presents an opportunity for guests to sample seasonings and spices they might not have a chance to otherwise,” said Darryl Mickler, Senior Director of Research and Development for Hard Rock International. “The grill is the perfect platform to showcase variety, from protein choice to flavor, and we believe the new items speak to consumers’ evolving palates and interest in experimenting with unique culinary profiles.”
As part of the Smoke, Fire & Spice menu, Hard Rock has developed a variety of specialty rubs, seasonings and sauces that guests will be able to pair with their choice of chicken, beef, shrimp or pork. Each protein will be served on a sizzling skillet accompanied by flatbread, a marinated salad mix, grilled vegetables, mixed cheeses and complementary dipping sauces.
Served steaming-hot and fajita style, the Smoke, Fire & Spice flavor options:
- Charmoula (North Africa) – a mix of parsley, cilantro, fresh garlic, paprika, black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin and lemon juice, this marinade offers a rich herby and spicy flavor inspired by North Africa
- Kalbi (Korea) – a mix of soy sauce, fresh garlic, ginger and sesame seeds, this spice packs a sweet heat inspired by flavors of Korea
- Yakitori (Japan) – a slightly sweet mix of soy sauce, sake, mirin and finely ground Japanese pepper, inspired by flavors of Japan
- Piri Piri (South Africa) – a scorching mix of chili peppers inspired by flavors of South Africa
- Barbacoa (Mexico) – a savory mix of chipotle peppers, cilantro, red onion, cumin and lime juice, inspired by flavors of Mexico
- Char Siu (China) – a sweet mix of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, star anise, ginger and Chinse five spice, inspired by flavors of China
Guests can stop by Hard Rock Cafe JAKARTA to try out the latest Smoke, Fire & Spice menu items or visit www.hardrock.com/JAKARTA for more information.